The Christian Counseling Center of Dalton is a professional ministry devoted to providing spiritually sensitive, medically responsible, and psychologically qualified counseling and psychiatric services to the people of Dalton and Northwest Georgia. Our generation has been described as facing a time of personal and social uprootedness. That we live in a very mobile age is generally acknowledged. That we sustain some very disturbing personal and family consequences is not always understood much less shared with others. Often we do not know to whom to turn.
The services of the Christian Counseling Center of Dalton are designed to respond to such concerns and to aid individuals in solving their problems of growth, living, and working in a manner consistent with the Christian faith. We feel that each individual is capable of dealing more constructively with his/her own problems given the opportunity to understand more clearly himself/herself, his/her relationships, and his/her circumstances. The Center is interested in participating with persons who wish to increase their personal growth and interpersonal effectiveness through the opportunity of the counseling process.
Meet our staff:
DR. MURPHY MARTIN, LPC
- Practicing Pastoral Counselor
- Fellow AAPC Member
- Graduate work completed at Vanderbilt University in 1972
- Licensed in both the state of Georgia and Tennessee
- Has been with the Christian Counseling Center since its inception in 1984
- Author of the book Co-Deparent No More
PAULA S. BATTS, LMFT
- Graduate of Mercer University
- Practicing as a Marriage and Family Therapist for more than 20 years
- Clinical Member of the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Works with individuals and couples to help them reach greater fulfillment in their daily lives and relationships.
TRAVIS HURD, LCSW
- Graduate of Shorter University and Masters of Social Work from The University of Georgia
- Practicing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker since March of 2007
- Enjoys working with children, adolescents, couples, and individuals
- Provides supervision for those trying to obtain licensure
- Leads support groups
- Provides treatment for the following difficulties: marital issues, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, childhood issues, grief counseling, family issues, and guardianship evaluations.
ANN H. DAVIES, LCSW
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker since 1987
- Received Masters Degree in Social Work from The University of Georgia in 1978
- Extensive mental health and substance abuse treatment experience for over forty years
- Has been with the Christian Counseling Center of Dalton since August 2014.
Our office number is (706) 275-8104. Please call this number to make an appointment with any of our counselors. If no one answers, press extension 34 and leave your name, a number where you can be reached, and if you have a preference of who you would like to see. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. You may also contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. The Christian Counseling Center of Dalton is located at 203 North Thornton Avenue. For more information, you may also visit our website: www.christiancounselingofdalton.com/